Reverse Barbell Curl Exercise Description
The following exercise provides written description designed for the individual just getting started with exercise.
REVERSE BARBELL CURL
Muscle Group: Outer Bicep Exercise
Main Objective: Tone the OUTER Arms (Biceps) at the same time
Step By Step Instruction:
1. Use body weight or grasp hold of a light bar with both hands or grasp a light plate with each hand, as shown in video. Stand tall, feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent.
2. Palms facing down, at the front, of thighs slowly raise both forearms at the same time.
3. Continue raising the weight till your palms are a few inches out in front of shoulders.
4. Pause at top of exercise, slowly release back down to starting position.
- Do not arch your lower back.
- Do not bend the wrists at any time. Keep wrists in alignment with forearms at all times.
- Do not swing the weight up and down. Keep control of the exercise.
1. If you notice your elbows moving away from your side, stop the exercise, pause and lower back down to the starting position. Flexibility will increase over time.
2. Exhale as you start the exercise and inhale as you lower back down to starting position.
3. If you are starting the Reverse Barbell curl exercise for the first time, use either your body weight or a small one pound plate as shown in the exercise video.
Alternate Exercises for the Reverse Barbell (BB) Curl:
- Barbell (BB) Curl
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in the Beginner exercise course via video, written description is offered solely as opinion only. Always consult with your physician before trying any new diet or exercise program. This workout routine may not be suitable for you.