Quarter Leg Raise Exercise Description
The following exercise provides written description designed for the individual just getting started with exercise.
Quarter Leg Raise
Muscle Group: Lower Abdomen
Main Objective: Condition the lower Abdomen wall prior to starting the more advanced quarter leg raise
Step by Step Instruction:
1. Lying on back with legs straight out, place your thumbs directly under the tail bone.
2. With knees slightly bent, slowly raise both legs approximately “two” inches off the ground.
3. Slowly lower legs back down to starting position.
4. Repeat exercise.
- Do not attempt without first learning the 1/4 Leg Ups.
- Do not lockout knees at any time.
- Do not hold head up off the ground.
- Do not allow heels to touch ground when lowering feet down to starting position.
- Do not arch your lower back. Instead, keep lower back pressed to the ground. Focus.
- Do not allow your stomach to protrude out but rather hold stomach in during the exercise.
1. Focus on the lower abdomen as you perform the exercise.
2. It’s important to do this exercise slowly and in control.
3. Only raise feet two inches off the ground. Any higher than the two inches will start working the quadriceps. Test this to experience this.
4. If you feel you’re working out the top or front of the legs, you are raising the legs too high.Minimize the height of your leg raise so the pressure is going to the lower ab area.
Alternate Exercises for the 1/4 Leg Raise:
- ¼ Leg Up
- Lying Knee Up
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in the Beginner exercise course via video, written description is offered solely as opinion only. Always consult with your physician before trying any new diet or exercise program. This workout routine may not be suitable for you.