Quarter Crunch Exercise Description
The following exercise provides written description designed for the individual just getting started with exercise.
Muscle Group: Upper Abdomen (Rectus & Obliques)
Main Objective: Tone Upper Abdomen
Step by Step Instruction:
1. Lie on the back with hands behind the head, knees bent and heels on the floor.
2. Pelvis should be tilted up and lower back pressed down to the floor or mat.
3. Place hands under the head to support the neck during the exercise. Elbows should
extend out from the sides of the head and chin pointed to the ceiling.
4. Inhale and lift shoulders and upper back approximately 4-6 inches off the ground by
contracting your abdominals.
5. Pause at the top of the exercise.
6. Slowly release, exhale and lower back to starting position. Repeat exercise.
- Do not have arms in front of chest. This puts too much strain on the neck area.
- Do not arch lower back at any time throughout this exerc. Keep back straight.
- Do not rush through this exercise.
- Do not push neck inward toward chest. Keep neck in alignment with back at all times.
1. At starting position the lower back should be pressed firmly to the ground. There should not be any space under your lower back.
2. Your neck should not be stressed. The neck should rest, relaxed in your palms.
3. It’s best to have your hands supporting each side of the head, versus clasping hands.
Alternate Exercises for 1/4 Crunch:
- Side Bend
- Side Twist
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in the Beginner exercise course via video, written description is offered solely as opinion only. Always consult with your physician before trying any new diet or exercise program. This workout routine may not be suitable for you.