French Press Exercise Description
The following exercise provides written description designed for the individual just getting started with exercise.
Muscle Group: Overall Tricep Exercise
Main Objective: Tone the back of the Arms (Triceps) at the same time
Step By Step Instruction:
1. Grasp a light weight and position in the center of your two palms as shown in video.
2. Stand with knees slightly bent and feet hip width apart.
3. Holding the weight with both hands, raise arms over head and lower to back of your neck.
4. Elbows should be slightly bent & positioned close to each ear.
5. This is the starting position of the French Press.
6. Raise the weight directly up using both arms.
7. Pause at the top of the exercise.
8. Lower the forearms slowly back down to the starting position.
9. Repeat exercise.
- Do not use any weight until you have perfected the French Press technique.
- Do not lockout elbows at the top of exercise. Stop exercise prior to locking out.
1. Have your head positioned slightly forward so the dumbbell (DB) does not hit the back of your head.
2. Do not rush and lower movement back to the starting position. Stay in control of exercise.
3. The slower the exercise, the more resistance felt; leaving less room for injury.
Alternate Beginner Exercises for the French Press:
- 2-Arm Pushdown
- Dumbbell (DB) Kickback
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in the Beginner exercise course via video, written description is offered solely as opinion only. Always consult with your physician before trying any new diet or exercise program. This workout routine may not be suitable for you.