Dumbbell Kickback Exercise Description
The following exercise provides written description designed for the individual just getting started with exercise.
Muscle Group: Overall Tricep
Main Objective: Tone the back of the Arms (Triceps)
Step by Step Instruction:
1. Knees slightly bent, bend forward at waist with a flat back, parallel to the floor.
2. Place left hand on left lower thigh, right elbow should be up at side.
3. Wrist and forearm should be in front of right shoulder.
4. Slowly kick forearm back.
5. Stop just before locking out the elbows.
6. Pause and lightly squeeze the tricep area.
7. Bring forearm back to starting position, in front of your shoulder.
8. Using the same arm repeat the exercise.
9. Repeat same procedure with other arm.
- Do not use any weight until you have perfected the step by step instruction.
- Do not lockout the elbow at the “end” of this exercise. Keep elbow slightly bent.
- Do not look side to side. Look forward and keep neck in line with the back.
- Do not kick arm down. Instead make sure you kick arm back.
1. Do all reps with one arm before switching to the other arm.
2. Elbow should stay “fixed at your side” at all times.
Alternate Beginner Exercises for the Dumbbell (DB) Kickback:
- 2-Arm Pushdown
- French Press
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in the Beginner exercise course via video, written description is offered solely as opinion only. Always consult with your physician before trying any new diet or exercise program. This workout routine may not be suitable for you.